This past week I really leaned into the whole "spring cleaning" thing. I had never understood why you would do it specifically in the spring until this year - its because you just got out of your winter funk!
I cleaned up a lot of my life in a physical manner. What does that mean? Well, I am mainly talking about my environment:
- Rearranged my bedroom almost entirely. I have much more space for rough-housing with my dog and playing my Xbox. I even moved in a camping chair so that I could have a place to sit besides my bed.
- Cleared out a lot of space in my garage - for both my personal space and my work space. One of the biggest pains I had for months was that it was annoying to open the door because I just lazily left so much stuff stored between me and the window. Well I moved that stuff, cleaned up my work bench area, and expanded my arm room. Life is good!
- Deep cleaned my kitchen. Enough said.
- Cleaned up and organized my stereo. This one is huge for me because it allows me to finally listen to my vinyls which I have not done in any real sense for years.
- I deleted a lot of apps. A lot of apps. Anything I was not regularly using, or would reasonably need (I do not check my car payment at Chase every day, but I do use that app at least once a month - for example).
- Set up a Plex server. I buy a lot of music on Bandcamp and I had been using VLC player to play from a Samba share, but this had its obvious limitations. Using the Plex server on my Raspberry Pi that was also serving as my NAS allowes me much more freedom and fiddle-factor.
- Unsubscribed from anything on YouTube that I was not interested in. I went through my entire subscriptions list that has been growing since I made my account. It feels nice to finally get rid of stuff that I no longer wish to see on my feed.
- Got a good digital note app. I had tried to take digital notes for a while but it never really clicked for me. I was using Flow. I tried Notability and yeah digital notes are for me - I just needed the proper environment.
That is it for now. This weekend is time for some guilt-free relaxation because I certainly deserve it after this week :)